Fans of the Pittsburgh Penguins ice hockey team will receive exclusive content on their mobile device when attending games at the Consol Energy Center throughout the 2015-2016 season via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons. “Beacon-triggered content will include greeting fans as they enter the arena with special content, an interactive experience at the Mario Lemieux statue and concession offers and discounts,” platform provider Rover says.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants