Fans of the Pittsburgh Penguins ice hockey team will receive exclusive content on their mobile device when attending games at the Consol Energy Center throughout the 2015-2016 season via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons. “Beacon-triggered content will include greeting fans as they enter the arena with special content, an interactive experience at the Mario Lemieux statue and concession offers and discounts,” platform provider Rover says.
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption
- EMVCo to support eight-digit Issuer Identification Numbers from 2021
- MTA reports ‘much higher’ than expected Omny contactless transit payments adoption in New York