Fans of the Pittsburgh Penguins ice hockey team will receive exclusive content on their mobile device when attending games at the Consol Energy Center throughout the 2015-2016 season via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons. “Beacon-triggered content will include greeting fans as they enter the arena with special content, an interactive experience at the Mario Lemieux statue and concession offers and discounts,” platform provider Rover says.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service