Fans of the Pittsburgh Penguins ice hockey team will receive exclusive content on their mobile device when attending games at the Consol Energy Center throughout the 2015-2016 season via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons. “Beacon-triggered content will include greeting fans as they enter the arena with special content, an interactive experience at the Mario Lemieux statue and concession offers and discounts,” platform provider Rover says.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info