Apple has begun rolling out its latest software update, iOS 9, which brings store credit cards and reward cards to Apple Pay. “Soon you’ll be able to add your favourite store credit cards and reward cards to your Wallet app to make purchases and redeem rewards,” the company says. Apple announced its plans to add loyalty cards to its mobile payment service in June 2015.
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies
- Huawei Pay to launch in the US?
- US iPhone users ‘unlikely’ to use Face ID for payments
- Apple Pay Cash to go live in iOS update ‘this fall’
- HSBC uses face recognition to authenticate payments in China