Samsung Pay has signed up more than 500,000 users since its introduction in Korea in August 2015. “If this trend continues, it seems to be only a matter of time to surpass 1m subscribers in 1 to 2 months,” Business Korea reports. “Both the ICT industry and Samsung Electronics are apparently surprised.” The company is expected to launch Samsung Pay across the US later this month.
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments