Samsung Pay has signed up more than 500,000 users since its introduction in Korea in August 2015. “If this trend continues, it seems to be only a matter of time to surpass 1m subscribers in 1 to 2 months,” Business Korea reports. “Both the ICT industry and Samsung Electronics are apparently surprised.” The company is expected to launch Samsung Pay across the US later this month.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service