Samsung Pay has signed up more than 500,000 users since its introduction in Korea in August 2015. “If this trend continues, it seems to be only a matter of time to surpass 1m subscribers in 1 to 2 months,” Business Korea reports. “Both the ICT industry and Samsung Electronics are apparently surprised.” The company is expected to launch Samsung Pay across the US later this month.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes