Samsung Pay has signed up more than 500,000 users since its introduction in Korea in August 2015. “If this trend continues, it seems to be only a matter of time to surpass 1m subscribers in 1 to 2 months,” Business Korea reports. “Both the ICT industry and Samsung Electronics are apparently surprised.” The company is expected to launch Samsung Pay across the US later this month.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay