A teardown conducted by iFixit shows that Apple has included an NXP 65V10 NFC controller chip in its new iPad Mini 4 tablet. The same chip was included in the iPad Mini 3 and the iPad Air 2 as well as the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents