A teardown conducted by iFixit shows that Apple has included an NXP 65V10 NFC controller chip in its new iPad Mini 4 tablet. The same chip was included in the iPad Mini 3 and the iPad Air 2 as well as the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models