A teardown conducted by iFixit shows that Apple has included an NXP 65V10 NFC controller chip in its new iPad Mini 4 tablet. The same chip was included in the iPad Mini 3 and the iPad Air 2 as well as the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works