US retail chain Best Buy has begun rolling out its planned support for Apple Pay as well as Android Pay. “A new YouTube video and Reddit thread confirm customers making successful debit and credit card purchases using both Apple Pay and Android Pay at separate Best Buy stores in California,” MacRumors reports. Best Buy’s three-year exclusivity period with payment consortium MCX expired in August.
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments