US retail chain Best Buy has begun rolling out its planned support for Apple Pay as well as Android Pay. “A new YouTube video and Reddit thread confirm customers making successful debit and credit card purchases using both Apple Pay and Android Pay at separate Best Buy stores in California,” MacRumors reports. Best Buy’s three-year exclusivity period with payment consortium MCX expired in August.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service