Apple has reportedly set up a new company called Apple Technology Services (Shanghai) to bring Apple Pay to China. The company “will launch new major commercial activities — Apple payment services, including adding a new mobile payment feature on Apple’s iPhone and other end products,” Yicai reports. Apple told Agence France-Presse this week that CEO Tim Cook hopes to launch Apple Pay in the country “as quickly as possible”.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies