Apple has reportedly set up a new company called Apple Technology Services (Shanghai) to bring Apple Pay to China. The company “will launch new major commercial activities — Apple payment services, including adding a new mobile payment feature on Apple’s iPhone and other end products,” Yicai reports. Apple told Agence France-Presse this week that CEO Tim Cook hopes to launch Apple Pay in the country “as quickly as possible”.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes