Apple has reportedly set up a new company called Apple Technology Services (Shanghai) to bring Apple Pay to China. The company “will launch new major commercial activities — Apple payment services, including adding a new mobile payment feature on Apple’s iPhone and other end products,” Yicai reports. Apple told Agence France-Presse this week that CEO Tim Cook hopes to launch Apple Pay in the country “as quickly as possible”.
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network