Biometric identity solutions provider Tascent has announced a US$18.5m Series A funding round to build out its biometric technology platform. “The Series A round enables Tascent to develop new high-throughput iris recognition and mobile biometric identity solutions, enhancing its product lineup and further expanding its presence in government, enterprise and other market sectors,” the company says.
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump
- China opens up its payments market to foreign companies
- Starbucks to run cashless store pilot in South Korea
- Apple closes Dutch bank Bunq’s backdoor to Apple Pay