Regulators are looking more closely at whether technology companies that provide financial services should be supervised more heavily, according to HSBC chairman Douglas Flint. “Regulators all around the world are reflecting on the extent to which internet companies are conducting banking business and at which point they should be licensed as a bank,” Flint said, as reported by Reuters.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service