T-Mobile has reportedly begun pushing software updates to Samsung Pay supporting devices ahead of the mobile payment service’s launch in the US, expected today. “The update contains mostly tweaks to Samsung Pay,” Android Headlines reports. AT&T is also pushing out an Android 5.1.1 update for both the Samsung S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge that brings with it the addition of Samsung Pay, according to Android Central.
- Shoppers forecast to spend $45bn a year using self-checkout in stores
- NXP unveils high security NFC tags that let brands deliver digitally connected products at scale
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?