Samsung Pay has launched in the US today after going live in Korea in August 2015, where it racked up a total 1.5m transactions in its first month. It launches with support from American Express, Bank of America, Citi, US Bank, MasterCard and Visa, with mobile network operators Sprint, US Cellular, AT&T and T-Mobile on board. Verizon Wireless has yet to announce its support.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works