Samsung Pay has launched in the US today after going live in Korea in August 2015, where it racked up a total 1.5m transactions in its first month. It launches with support from American Express, Bank of America, Citi, US Bank, MasterCard and Visa, with mobile network operators Sprint, US Cellular, AT&T and T-Mobile on board. Verizon Wireless has yet to announce its support.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai