Samsung Pay has launched in the US today after going live in Korea in August 2015, where it racked up a total 1.5m transactions in its first month. It launches with support from American Express, Bank of America, Citi, US Bank, MasterCard and Visa, with mobile network operators Sprint, US Cellular, AT&T and T-Mobile on board. Verizon Wireless has yet to announce its support.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones