Samsung Pay has launched in the US today after going live in Korea in August 2015, where it racked up a total 1.5m transactions in its first month. It launches with support from American Express, Bank of America, Citi, US Bank, MasterCard and Visa, with mobile network operators Sprint, US Cellular, AT&T and T-Mobile on board. Verizon Wireless has yet to announce its support.
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network