Samsung Pay has launched in the US today after going live in Korea in August 2015, where it racked up a total 1.5m transactions in its first month. It launches with support from American Express, Bank of America, Citi, US Bank, MasterCard and Visa, with mobile network operators Sprint, US Cellular, AT&T and T-Mobile on board. Verizon Wireless has yet to announce its support.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?