Restaurant payment app Velocity has acquired mobile payments solution Cover for an undisclosed sum. Cover is accepted at more than 350 restaurants in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles. “The acquisition will accelerate the expansion of Velocity’s global hospitality platform, which connects premier restaurants with affluent diners, empowers them to settle their bill directly from their phone and builds loyalty through tailored status and rewards programs,” Velocity says.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands