Restaurant payment app Velocity has acquired mobile payments solution Cover for an undisclosed sum. Cover is accepted at more than 350 restaurants in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles. “The acquisition will accelerate the expansion of Velocity’s global hospitality platform, which connects premier restaurants with affluent diners, empowers them to settle their bill directly from their phone and builds loyalty through tailored status and rewards programs,” Velocity says.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump