Restaurant payment app Velocity has acquired mobile payments solution Cover for an undisclosed sum. Cover is accepted at more than 350 restaurants in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles. “The acquisition will accelerate the expansion of Velocity’s global hospitality platform, which connects premier restaurants with affluent diners, empowers them to settle their bill directly from their phone and builds loyalty through tailored status and rewards programs,” Velocity says.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow