A teardown conducted by iFixit shows that Apple has included NXP’s 66V10 controller in the new iPhone 6s models — a different chip to the 65V10 module included in the iPhone 6. NXP declined to comment on the differences between the two parts when asked by NFC World.
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump
- China opens up its payments market to foreign companies
- Starbucks to run cashless store pilot in South Korea
- Apple closes Dutch bank Bunq’s backdoor to Apple Pay