PayPal is to introduce its PayPal Here contactless card reader in the US on September 30, following its launch in the UK in August 2015. “The reader works on both iOS and Android platforms and accepts chip card transactions, magnetic stripe and contactless NFC transactions including Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay and any other NFC-enabled device or card,” PayPal writes in a blog post.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa