PayPal is to introduce its PayPal Here contactless card reader in the US on September 30, following its launch in the UK in August 2015. “The reader works on both iOS and Android platforms and accepts chip card transactions, magnetic stripe and contactless NFC transactions including Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay and any other NFC-enabled device or card,” PayPal writes in a blog post.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents