PayPal is to introduce its PayPal Here contactless card reader in the US on September 30, following its launch in the UK in August 2015. “The reader works on both iOS and Android platforms and accepts chip card transactions, magnetic stripe and contactless NFC transactions including Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay and any other NFC-enabled device or card,” PayPal writes in a blog post.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes