European mPOS company SumUp has launched its mobile card acceptance solution in Sweden, expanding its footprint to 14 countries including Germany, the UK and Brazil. “With its PIN+ Card Terminal, SumUp will be the first company to offer a proprietary card terminal to small businesses in Sweden,” the company says. The expansion follows a €10m (US$11.2m) funding round in August 2015.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’