European mPOS company SumUp has launched its mobile card acceptance solution in Sweden, expanding its footprint to 14 countries including Germany, the UK and Brazil. “With its PIN+ Card Terminal, SumUp will be the first company to offer a proprietary card terminal to small businesses in Sweden,” the company says. The expansion follows a €10m (US$11.2m) funding round in August 2015.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay