Visa has shown off a proof of concept NFC wristband in San Francisco, demonstrating how it could be used for making payments at the Rio 2016 Olympics next year. “Olympic hopefuls attending the Team Visa Summit learned to use new payment technologies that are expected to be implemented at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games including Visa Checkout and Samsung Pay,” Visa says. “We can’t yet confirm what kind of wearable payment devices we may have in Rio,” the company told NFC World.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents