Visa has shown off a proof of concept NFC wristband in San Francisco, demonstrating how it could be used for making payments at the Rio 2016 Olympics next year. “Olympic hopefuls attending the Team Visa Summit learned to use new payment technologies that are expected to be implemented at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games including Visa Checkout and Samsung Pay,” Visa says. “We can’t yet confirm what kind of wearable payment devices we may have in Rio,” the company told NFC World.
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones