Visa has shown off a proof of concept NFC wristband in San Francisco, demonstrating how it could be used for making payments at the Rio 2016 Olympics next year. “Olympic hopefuls attending the Team Visa Summit learned to use new payment technologies that are expected to be implemented at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games including Visa Checkout and Samsung Pay,” Visa says. “We can’t yet confirm what kind of wearable payment devices we may have in Rio,” the company told NFC World.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies