Visa has shown off a proof of concept NFC wristband in San Francisco, demonstrating how it could be used for making payments at the Rio 2016 Olympics next year. “Olympic hopefuls attending the Team Visa Summit learned to use new payment technologies that are expected to be implemented at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games including Visa Checkout and Samsung Pay,” Visa says. “We can’t yet confirm what kind of wearable payment devices we may have in Rio,” the company told NFC World.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info