Nearly three quarters of Polish consumers (74%) are aware of NFC mobile payments and 4% are using them, research conducted by ARC Rynek i Opinia for SIA reveals. 96% have heard of contactless payments and credit cards and 41% perceive them to be the most “modern”, followed by mobile payments (36%), payment cards or online bank transfers (35%).
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency
- ETSI mandates hardware security for consumer IoT devices
- Swiss railway operator SBB to roll out account-based mobile ticketing
- EU sets out plans for contactless European identity cards
- SK Telecom and Deutsche Telekom to build blockchain-based digital ID platform