Six in ten US payment cards (60%) will include an EMV chip by the end of 2015, research from the Payment Security Task Force shows, and that number will grow to 98% by the end of 2017. Task Force members include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Apple Pay goes live in 13 new European countries
- Seppeltsfield Barossa adds NFC tags to wine bottles
- Swedish banks roll out wearable payments on fashion watches
- Visa to acquire Rambus’ payments and ticketing business
- Apple Pay to go live in Greece, Portugal and Slovakia this week