Coffee chain Starbucks has expanded its Mobile Order & Pay service to the UK, allowing customers to use its iOS mobile app to pre-order and pay for their food and drinks in more than 150 stores across London. The announcement follows the roll out of the service to all US locations and to Android devices last month.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service