The UK start-up that developed the NFC Ring in 2013 has begun raising funds on Kickstarter for its second generation device. “The 2016 NFC Ring boasts significant improvements,” the company says. “Most notable among these are improved operating range, improved storage size and a more refined user experience.” It is also in “active discussions” to add payment functionality.
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions