The UK start-up that developed the NFC Ring in 2013 has begun raising funds on Kickstarter for its second generation device. “The 2016 NFC Ring boasts significant improvements,” the company says. “Most notable among these are improved operating range, improved storage size and a more refined user experience.” It is also in “active discussions” to add payment functionality.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow