The UK start-up that developed the NFC Ring in 2013 has begun raising funds on Kickstarter for its second generation device. “The 2016 NFC Ring boasts significant improvements,” the company says. “Most notable among these are improved operating range, improved storage size and a more refined user experience.” It is also in “active discussions” to add payment functionality.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands