The UK start-up that developed the NFC Ring in 2013 has begun raising funds on Kickstarter for its second generation device. “The 2016 NFC Ring boasts significant improvements,” the company says. “Most notable among these are improved operating range, improved storage size and a more refined user experience.” It is also in “active discussions” to add payment functionality.
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing Metro to add face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers
- Rambus explains how online merchants can use card-on-file tokenization to reduce fraud and improve the online payments experience
- Boston Fed reports on the current status of payment tokenization in the USA
- Shoppers forecast to spend $45bn a year using self-checkout in stores