Some 226bn transactions worth a total of more than US$5.6trillion will be secured using biometric technology by 2020, research from Goode Intelligence predicts. “Payments are the main driving force for the wide-scale adoption of biometrics in the consumer market,” the company says. “Mobile payments are a major driver with the need for authentication speed creating demand for a frictionless user experience that biometrics can meet.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works