Some 226bn transactions worth a total of more than US$5.6trillion will be secured using biometric technology by 2020, research from Goode Intelligence predicts. “Payments are the main driving force for the wide-scale adoption of biometrics in the consumer market,” the company says. “Mobile payments are a major driver with the need for authentication speed creating demand for a frictionless user experience that biometrics can meet.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?