Commuters using public transport services provided by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) will soon be able to pay for travel using NFC smartphones, third-party or agency-issued transit cards and EMV contactless cards. The company has signed an estimated US$30million five-year contract with smart ticketing and payment solutions provider Vix Technology to implement the new fare payment system which will also support services including Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations