Commuters using public transport services provided by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) will soon be able to pay for travel using NFC smartphones, third-party or agency-issued transit cards and EMV contactless cards. The company has signed an estimated US$30million five-year contract with smart ticketing and payment solutions provider Vix Technology to implement the new fare payment system which will also support services including Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale