Commuters using public transport services provided by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) will soon be able to pay for travel using NFC smartphones, third-party or agency-issued transit cards and EMV contactless cards. The company has signed an estimated US$30million five-year contract with smart ticketing and payment solutions provider Vix Technology to implement the new fare payment system which will also support services including Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?