The global vein recognition biometrics market in the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.83% from 2014-2019, research firm Technavio predicts. “Vein recognition biometrics is gaining importance in the BFSI sector for applications such as logical access control, physical access control, mobile banking, branch banking, kiosks, ATM and safe deposit locker,” the company adds.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries