The global vein recognition biometrics market in the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.83% from 2014-2019, research firm Technavio predicts. “Vein recognition biometrics is gaining importance in the BFSI sector for applications such as logical access control, physical access control, mobile banking, branch banking, kiosks, ATM and safe deposit locker,” the company adds.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump