The global vein recognition biometrics market in the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.83% from 2014-2019, research firm Technavio predicts. “Vein recognition biometrics is gaining importance in the BFSI sector for applications such as logical access control, physical access control, mobile banking, branch banking, kiosks, ATM and safe deposit locker,” the company adds.
- Wells Fargo adds support for Fitbit Pay
- Apple details Apple Pay Cash in updated iOS Security guide
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year