US mobile network operator Verizon Wireless has confirmed it will be adding support for Samsung Pay. “Samsung Pay will be supported on compatible Verizon smartphones — Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, S6 Edge+ — through a future software update,” the carrier said in a tweet. Verizon was a notable absence from the list of companies supporting Samsung Pay when the mobile payment service launched in the US last month.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities