Starbucks will launch its Mobile Order & Pay service in approximately 300 company-owned stores in the Greater Toronto Area of Canada on October 13. “Starbucks plans to expand Mobile Order & Pay to other select Canadian cities in 2016,” the coffee chain says. The announcement follows the service’s expansion to all US locations in September 2015 and its UK launch earlier this month.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay