Coffee chain Starbucks is to begin accepting Apple Pay across all its 7,500 US stores. “They’re starting an Apple Pay pilot by the end of this year in a number of their stores and have committed more broadly to rolling out Apple Pay throughout 2016,” Jennifer Bailey, head of Apple Pay, said during the Code/Mobile event. Fast food retailers KFC and Chili’s will also begin accepting the service next year.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain