Coffee chain Starbucks is to begin accepting Apple Pay across all its 7,500 US stores. “They’re starting an Apple Pay pilot by the end of this year in a number of their stores and have committed more broadly to rolling out Apple Pay throughout 2016,” Jennifer Bailey, head of Apple Pay, said during the Code/Mobile event. Fast food retailers KFC and Chili’s will also begin accepting the service next year.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service