Coffee chain Starbucks is to begin accepting Apple Pay across all its 7,500 US stores. “They’re starting an Apple Pay pilot by the end of this year in a number of their stores and have committed more broadly to rolling out Apple Pay throughout 2016,” Jennifer Bailey, head of Apple Pay, said during the Code/Mobile event. Fast food retailers KFC and Chili’s will also begin accepting the service next year.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments