Coffee chain Starbucks is to begin accepting Apple Pay across all its 7,500 US stores. “They’re starting an Apple Pay pilot by the end of this year in a number of their stores and have committed more broadly to rolling out Apple Pay throughout 2016,” Jennifer Bailey, head of Apple Pay, said during the Code/Mobile event. Fast food retailers KFC and Chili’s will also begin accepting the service next year.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations