ICICI Bank has become the first Indian bank to launch a mobile payment service based on Visa’s mVisa solution, which was unveiled in August 2015. “With this service, users of Pockets can make cashless payment from their smartphones using their debit card by simply scanning an mVisa QR code at a merchant location,” the bank says.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes