ICICI Bank has become the first Indian bank to launch a mobile payment service based on Visa’s mVisa solution, which was unveiled in August 2015. “With this service, users of Pockets can make cashless payment from their smartphones using their debit card by simply scanning an mVisa QR code at a merchant location,” the bank says.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’