Australian carrier Optus has made its NFC mobile payment service available to prepaid customers, following its launch to postpaid customers in November 2014. “Simply download the Cash by Optus app or go online to order your Cash by Optus SIM,” the carrier says. “When you receive your SIM, simply pop it in your smartphone. Just load money onto your Cash by Optus facility and you’re ready to make secure payments.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform