Passengers who book one of 17,000 ComfortDelGro taxis in Singapore can now pay their fare using their mobile phone and MasterCard’s MasterPass. “Once a MasterPass wallet is successfully created, they can go to the ComfortDelGro taxi booking app, where they select Connect with MasterPass to pair up their MasterPass account with the taxi booking app for payment of taxi bookings,” the firm says.
- NatWest Bank begins UK’s first trial of contactless biometric cards
- Vending machine firms to use blockchain ID platform to automate sale of age-restricted items
- PayPal reports 40m Venmo P2P payments users
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?