ATM manufacturer Wincor Nixdorf is launching an ATM that will allow customers to withdraw cash using an NFC smartphone or contactless card, or by scanning a QR code. “Smartphone users can initiate cash withdrawals via an app that features the branding of the bank they use,” the company says. “When cash is withdrawn using an NFC card, bank customers enter their PINs using a special encrypting touch sensor.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?