Commuters in the Canadian city of Calgary could soon pay for city services using their smartphones. “A Request for Proposals issued last month indicates the city is looking at launching an eTicketing app that would give customers the ability to purchase passes on the go,” Calgary Herald reports. “The app could also potentially allow residents to purchase mobile tickets for city services like swimming at recreation facilities.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?