Commuters in the Canadian city of Calgary could soon pay for city services using their smartphones. “A Request for Proposals issued last month indicates the city is looking at launching an eTicketing app that would give customers the ability to purchase passes on the go,” Calgary Herald reports. “The app could also potentially allow residents to purchase mobile tickets for city services like swimming at recreation facilities.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole