LG has reportedly filed trademarks for ‘LG G Pay’ and ‘G Pay’ in South Korea, suggesting that the handset maker could be looking at launching its own mobile payment service. “According to IT industry and financial industry, LG Electronics just finished applying for trademark of G Pay in the US at the end of September after it did so in South Korea,” ETNews reports.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay