LG has reportedly filed trademarks for ‘LG G Pay’ and ‘G Pay’ in South Korea, suggesting that the handset maker could be looking at launching its own mobile payment service. “According to IT industry and financial industry, LG Electronics just finished applying for trademark of G Pay in the US at the end of September after it did so in South Korea,” ETNews reports.
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars
- Android Q to let users log into Wi-Fi networks via NFC, QR or Bluetooth LE
- Chinese retailers shutter unmanned stores as ‘novelty wears off’