LG has reportedly filed trademarks for ‘LG G Pay’ and ‘G Pay’ in South Korea, suggesting that the handset maker could be looking at launching its own mobile payment service. “According to IT industry and financial industry, LG Electronics just finished applying for trademark of G Pay in the US at the end of September after it did so in South Korea,” ETNews reports.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa