LG has reportedly filed trademarks for ‘LG G Pay’ and ‘G Pay’ in South Korea, suggesting that the handset maker could be looking at launching its own mobile payment service. “According to IT industry and financial industry, LG Electronics just finished applying for trademark of G Pay in the US at the end of September after it did so in South Korea,” ETNews reports.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service