More than 1bn mobile phone users will have used their devices for banking purposes by the end of this year, Juniper Research predicts. “This global user base is forecast to reach 2bn by 2020, by which time it will represent 37% of the global adult population,” the researchers add.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent