More than 1bn mobile phone users will have used their devices for banking purposes by the end of this year, Juniper Research predicts. “This global user base is forecast to reach 2bn by 2020, by which time it will represent 37% of the global adult population,” the researchers add.
- Samsung Pay reports 1.3bn transactions since launch
- Seattle sports teams use fingerprint biometrics to let fans prove their age and buy a beer
- Apple files NFC passport patent application
- Fitbit includes NFC payments in special edition Charge 3 fitness trackers
- Michael Kors releases Runway smartwatch with NFC payments