More than 1bn mobile phone users will have used their devices for banking purposes by the end of this year, Juniper Research predicts. “This global user base is forecast to reach 2bn by 2020, by which time it will represent 37% of the global adult population,” the researchers add.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?