MasterCard is to provide tokenization services to commercial credit card issuers, enabling corporations and business travellers to load eligible corporate credit cards within participating mobile and digital wallet services using the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES). “MasterCard will now enable tokenization across virtually all its products — consumer credit, debit and prepaid cards as well as small business and commercial cards,” the payment network says.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID