Restaurant payment app provider Velocity Mobile has acquired Tab Payments, a mobile payments app for diners in Canada accepted at more than 100 restaurants in Toronto and Montreal. “The acquisition further expands Velocity’s reach, which now connects premier restaurants with global diners in six major cities in the US, UK and Canada,” Velocity Mobile says. Terms of the transaction have not been disclosed.
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments