Restaurant payment app provider Velocity Mobile has acquired Tab Payments, a mobile payments app for diners in Canada accepted at more than 100 restaurants in Toronto and Montreal. “The acquisition further expands Velocity’s reach, which now connects premier restaurants with global diners in six major cities in the US, UK and Canada,” Velocity Mobile says. Terms of the transaction have not been disclosed.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain