Nearly a third (32%) of retail establishments in the US will accept contactless EMV card payments by 2019, Javelin forecasts. “In the next wave of card issuance, Javelin believes the speed and convenience offered by contactless EMV cards could be instrumental in gaining top-of-wallet status, as well as attracting and retaining more affluent customers,” says the research firm’s Michael Moeser.
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency
- ETSI mandates hardware security for consumer IoT devices
- Swiss railway operator SBB to roll out account-based mobile ticketing
- EU sets out plans for contactless European identity cards
- SK Telecom and Deutsche Telekom to build blockchain-based digital ID platform