Norway’s SpareBank 1 has acquired mobile payments provider mCash for an undisclosed sum. “With this acquisition, we strengthen our mobile efforts and are well positioned to meet future digital customer needs,” says the bank’s chairman Jan-Frode Janson. mCash lets users make in-store payments via QR codes, transfer funds and make online payments. It has more than 100,000 users and has signed up 600 stores.
- Huawei expands NFC mobile payments to Hong Kong
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe