Norway’s SpareBank 1 has acquired mobile payments provider mCash for an undisclosed sum. “With this acquisition, we strengthen our mobile efforts and are well positioned to meet future digital customer needs,” says the bank’s chairman Jan-Frode Janson. mCash lets users make in-store payments via QR codes, transfer funds and make online payments. It has more than 100,000 users and has signed up 600 stores.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan