Norway’s SpareBank 1 has acquired mobile payments provider mCash for an undisclosed sum. “With this acquisition, we strengthen our mobile efforts and are well positioned to meet future digital customer needs,” says the bank’s chairman Jan-Frode Janson. mCash lets users make in-store payments via QR codes, transfer funds and make online payments. It has more than 100,000 users and has signed up 600 stores.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay