Norway’s SpareBank 1 has acquired mobile payments provider mCash for an undisclosed sum. “With this acquisition, we strengthen our mobile efforts and are well positioned to meet future digital customer needs,” says the bank’s chairman Jan-Frode Janson. mCash lets users make in-store payments via QR codes, transfer funds and make online payments. It has more than 100,000 users and has signed up 600 stores.
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments