Norway’s SpareBank 1 has acquired mobile payments provider mCash for an undisclosed sum. “With this acquisition, we strengthen our mobile efforts and are well positioned to meet future digital customer needs,” says the bank’s chairman Jan-Frode Janson. mCash lets users make in-store payments via QR codes, transfer funds and make online payments. It has more than 100,000 users and has signed up 600 stores.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay