Norway’s SpareBank 1 has acquired mobile payments provider mCash for an undisclosed sum. “With this acquisition, we strengthen our mobile efforts and are well positioned to meet future digital customer needs,” says the bank’s chairman Jan-Frode Janson. mCash lets users make in-store payments via QR codes, transfer funds and make online payments. It has more than 100,000 users and has signed up 600 stores.
- Shanghai bus operator adds face recognition payments
- German savings banks to offer Apple Pay ‘this year’
- UK Finance reports 31% rise in contactless transactions
- Chipotle teams with Venmo to launch mobile rewards program
- Safaricom signs mobile payments deal with Alibaba