People in Ireland are now making over two million contactless transactions with Visa debit cards every month, Visa Europe has revealed, representing a rate of one contactless payment per second. “Adoption and usage of contactless cards in Europe continues to grow, most recently marked by more than one billion transactions across Europe in the last 12 months,” the payment network says.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole