People in Ireland are now making over two million contactless transactions with Visa debit cards every month, Visa Europe has revealed, representing a rate of one contactless payment per second. “Adoption and usage of contactless cards in Europe continues to grow, most recently marked by more than one billion transactions across Europe in the last 12 months,” the payment network says.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands