People in Ireland are now making over two million contactless transactions with Visa debit cards every month, Visa Europe has revealed, representing a rate of one contactless payment per second. “Adoption and usage of contactless cards in Europe continues to grow, most recently marked by more than one billion transactions across Europe in the last 12 months,” the payment network says.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump