Microsoft is looking to relaunch Windows Wallet, a mobile payments app that stores credit cards and coupons for in-store and online payments through Windows devices, Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore has told The Verge. “Belfiore didn’t say when exactly a new wallet would launch or whether it would utilize NFC or other payment technology,” the publication reports, noting that the service would use the Windows Hello facial recognition platform Microsoft added to new devices in October.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay