Microsoft is looking to relaunch Windows Wallet, a mobile payments app that stores credit cards and coupons for in-store and online payments through Windows devices, Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore has told The Verge. “Belfiore didn’t say when exactly a new wallet would launch or whether it would utilize NFC or other payment technology,” the publication reports, noting that the service would use the Windows Hello facial recognition platform Microsoft added to new devices in October.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service