Apple has added more than 70 banks and credit unions to its list of Apple Pay supporting financial institutions in the US, taking the total number to more than 600. “Adding new partners in groups ranging from a dozen to nearly a hundred certainly helps Apple’s claim that its mobile payment service is continuing to see double-digit growth each month,” 9to5mac reports.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones