US consumers will use their smartphones to make mobile payments at the point of sale five times a week by 2018 and, by 2020, 20% of POS transaction volume will be conducted via mobile devices, research from Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group reveals. “Mobile will account for at least 60% of US digital commerce revenue by 2020,” the company adds.
- Wells Fargo adds support for Fitbit Pay
- Apple details Apple Pay Cash in updated iOS Security guide
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year