US consumers will use their smartphones to make mobile payments at the point of sale five times a week by 2018 and, by 2020, 20% of POS transaction volume will be conducted via mobile devices, research from Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group reveals. “Mobile will account for at least 60% of US digital commerce revenue by 2020,” the company adds.
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores