US consumers will use their smartphones to make mobile payments at the point of sale five times a week by 2018 and, by 2020, 20% of POS transaction volume will be conducted via mobile devices, research from Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group reveals. “Mobile will account for at least 60% of US digital commerce revenue by 2020,” the company adds.
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent
- Walmart tests smart lock delivery service
- Chinese consumers ready to go out without cash