Poynt, the POS maker founded by former Google Wallet lead Osama Bedier, has raised US$28m in a Series B funding round and announced that it has gained PCI PTS, PCI DSS and EMV certification for its device. Poynt Smart Terminals will run the PoyntOS open platform and include support for third party apps as well as mag stripe, EMV, NFC, QR and Bluetooth beacon transactions.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands