Poynt, the POS maker founded by former Google Wallet lead Osama Bedier, has raised US$28m in a Series B funding round and announced that it has gained PCI PTS, PCI DSS and EMV certification for its device. Poynt Smart Terminals will run the PoyntOS open platform and include support for third party apps as well as mag stripe, EMV, NFC, QR and Bluetooth beacon transactions.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain