Poynt, the POS maker founded by former Google Wallet lead Osama Bedier, has raised US$28m in a Series B funding round and announced that it has gained PCI PTS, PCI DSS and EMV certification for its device. Poynt Smart Terminals will run the PoyntOS open platform and include support for third party apps as well as mag stripe, EMV, NFC, QR and Bluetooth beacon transactions.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations