The number of Koreans using Samsung Pay has doubled in the last month to one million and 100,000 payments are now being made using the service every day, Business Korea reports. “Cumulative payments exceeded 100 billion won (US$88 million). Likewise, daily average payments increased from approximately 800 million won (US$705,192) to over 2 billion won (US$1.8 million) between the early stage of the service and recent days.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments