US retailer-led mobile wallet consortium MCX, which announced a deal earlier this week to support JP Morgan Chase’s new Chase Pay service, is expanding its Columbus, Ohio pilot to include 200 stores operated by “12 large retailers”. “MCX may expand the test gradually to other states in the first quarter of next year,” CEO Brian Mooney has told Reuters. “Customers who have used the product are using it more than once a week,” Mooney said.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service