US retailer-led mobile wallet consortium MCX, which announced a deal earlier this week to support JP Morgan Chase’s new Chase Pay service, is expanding its Columbus, Ohio pilot to include 200 stores operated by “12 large retailers”. “MCX may expand the test gradually to other states in the first quarter of next year,” CEO Brian Mooney has told Reuters. “Customers who have used the product are using it more than once a week,” Mooney said.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID