US retailer-led mobile wallet consortium MCX, which announced a deal earlier this week to support JP Morgan Chase’s new Chase Pay service, is expanding its Columbus, Ohio pilot to include 200 stores operated by “12 large retailers”. “MCX may expand the test gradually to other states in the first quarter of next year,” CEO Brian Mooney has told Reuters. “Customers who have used the product are using it more than once a week,” Mooney said.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands