Alipay is to work with E. Sun Commercial Bank to launch a QR-based mobile payment service in Taiwan, Xinhua reports. “More than 3,000 convenience stores, shopping malls and other shops frequented by mainland tourists will offer the payment service” by the end of 2015.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions