Alipay is to work with E. Sun Commercial Bank to launch a QR-based mobile payment service in Taiwan, Xinhua reports. “More than 3,000 convenience stores, shopping malls and other shops frequented by mainland tourists will offer the payment service” by the end of 2015.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service