An “overwhelming majority” of US consumers (75%) say they most trust banks to keep their payments safe, an American Bankers Association survey has found. 4% most trust alternative payment providers such as PayPal and Venmo while only 1% most trust major retailers or telecom companies. 6% of US consumers have used a mobile app to make a payment, the survey found, with PayPal most popular (45%) followed by Apple Pay (42%) and Google Wallet (11%).
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries
- National Australia Bank goes live with Apple Pay
- TriMet rolls out NFC ticketing for iPhone users
- ABN Amro unveils blockchain-based NFC platform for trade inventory tracking
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary