An “overwhelming majority” of US consumers (75%) say they most trust banks to keep their payments safe, an American Bankers Association survey has found. 4% most trust alternative payment providers such as PayPal and Venmo while only 1% most trust major retailers or telecom companies. 6% of US consumers have used a mobile app to make a payment, the survey found, with PayPal most popular (45%) followed by Apple Pay (42%) and Google Wallet (11%).
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform