An “overwhelming majority” of US consumers (75%) say they most trust banks to keep their payments safe, an American Bankers Association survey has found. 4% most trust alternative payment providers such as PayPal and Venmo while only 1% most trust major retailers or telecom companies. 6% of US consumers have used a mobile app to make a payment, the survey found, with PayPal most popular (45%) followed by Apple Pay (42%) and Google Wallet (11%).
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info