Visa has confirmed it is to acquire Visa Europe for an upfront consideration of €16.5bn with a potential additional earn-out of up to €4.7bn. “The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to close in Visa Inc’s fiscal third quarter of 2016,” Visa says.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform