Visa has confirmed it is to acquire Visa Europe for an upfront consideration of €16.5bn with a potential additional earn-out of up to €4.7bn. “The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to close in Visa Inc’s fiscal third quarter of 2016,” Visa says.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?