Visa has confirmed it is to acquire Visa Europe for an upfront consideration of €16.5bn with a potential additional earn-out of up to €4.7bn. “The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to close in Visa Inc’s fiscal third quarter of 2016,” Visa says.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants