French banking group Crédit Mutuel Arkéa is to begin offering its customers a host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments service. “The solution, provided by Airtag, includes a tokenization server, a wallet management server, a mobile payment application based on HCE technology and a crypto solution to safely store payment credentials on mobile phones,” Airtag says. A national rollout of the service is expected next year.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole