French banking group Crédit Mutuel Arkéa is to begin offering its customers a host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments service. “The solution, provided by Airtag, includes a tokenization server, a wallet management server, a mobile payment application based on HCE technology and a crypto solution to safely store payment credentials on mobile phones,” Airtag says. A national rollout of the service is expected next year.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India