French banking group Crédit Mutuel Arkéa is to begin offering its customers a host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments service. “The solution, provided by Airtag, includes a tokenization server, a wallet management server, a mobile payment application based on HCE technology and a crypto solution to safely store payment credentials on mobile phones,” Airtag says. A national rollout of the service is expected next year.
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments