French banking group Crédit Mutuel Arkéa is to begin offering its customers a host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments service. “The solution, provided by Airtag, includes a tokenization server, a wallet management server, a mobile payment application based on HCE technology and a crypto solution to safely store payment credentials on mobile phones,” Airtag says. A national rollout of the service is expected next year.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’