Amazon is to discontinue the credit card reader offering it debuted last year. “Effective February 1, 2016, we will discontinue Amazon Register,” the company said in an email reported by Forbes. “We periodically evaluate our offerings to ensure that we focus on delivering unique benefits and, in this case, we’ve decided to discontinue Amazon Register.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform