More than half of US consumers (51%) are likely to use a bank offered mobile wallet with the top challenges for mobile wallet adoption being fear of identity theft (68%) and merchant acceptability (33%), research from CCG Catalyst reveals. “45% currently use PayPal mobile, which was the most popular mobile wallet used by consumers who took part in the survey,” the company says.
- Facebook approaches banks for Messenger bot banking
- Google releases Android 9 Pie with added NFC, secure element, TEE and biometric security
- Microsoft rolls out support for Masterpass payments
- Fossil launches Gen 4 smartwatches with Google Pay support
- Apple Pay Cash gets top rating for P2P payments privacy and security