‘Contactless’ has made the shortlist for the 2015 Collins Word of the Year but missed out on the top spot to the word ‘Binge-watch’. “Thanks to a million adverts from TFL telling us we no longer have to top-up and Apple’s iPhone 6 and smartwatch, it’s been the number one word on billboards, bus stops and most importantly, at the Pret-a-Manger till point,” Collins Dictionary explains.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills