‘Contactless’ has made the shortlist for the 2015 Collins Word of the Year but missed out on the top spot to the word ‘Binge-watch’. “Thanks to a million adverts from TFL telling us we no longer have to top-up and Apple’s iPhone 6 and smartwatch, it’s been the number one word on billboards, bus stops and most importantly, at the Pret-a-Manger till point,” Collins Dictionary explains.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa