‘Contactless’ has made the shortlist for the 2015 Collins Word of the Year but missed out on the top spot to the word ‘Binge-watch’. “Thanks to a million adverts from TFL telling us we no longer have to top-up and Apple’s iPhone 6 and smartwatch, it’s been the number one word on billboards, bus stops and most importantly, at the Pret-a-Manger till point,” Collins Dictionary explains.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole